Sunday 11 November 2012

Seeing Orange

Hello fellow bloggers!

It's Sunday again...how does the week go so fast? How come I never have enough time to enter all those pesky challenges out there? I thought I'd sneak in a quickie (card that is) before the clock stops ticking over at Casology. This week the cue word is orange.

Now I love orange but didn't have anything in my stash that screamed orange to me - either in terms of fruit or colour. And then what happens to fall on my doorstep but a fabulous prize that I won through Moxie Fab World a couple of weeks ago, purely for making a comment. Don't you just love that? A  prize for doing virtually nothing! (And since there were about 285 comments I appreciate I was very lucky!) In this lovely Studio Calico card kit was the perfect shade of orange card with the perfect little packet of orange sticker dots and a speech bubble stamp....




I embossed the stamp on to the orange card and added a little twine and button, together with some faux stitching. I also cut a circle which I embossed using a striped embossing folder from Stampin Up. I embossed it twice, in different directions so I ended up with checks, not stripes. I cut a slit in it and added the banner and then added a few of the dots.  It took me about 10 minutes - can you tell?

Hope you have a great Sunday and thanks for any comments...they truly make my day!

Cheers,

Claire x










4 comments:

  1. what a fantastic card!! love how you have combined all the elements yet kept things very clean and simple! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really fun - I love all the white space, with the pops of orange. So clever to use the ef twice to create the plaid! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Claire ... what a great card ... those orange dots are fab ... looks sort of planet-y/space-y! Anita in France

    ReplyDelete
  4. What perfect timing! Love your embossed checked circle and the way you tucked the banner into it. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!