Saturday 17 November 2012

Waltzingmouse Blog Party

Hello blog hoppers!

It's the 17th in Australia and Waltzingmouse Blog Party time again - this time the theme is 'gratitude.' What better way to show gratitude than by sending a thank you card. It doesn't seem to be that popular in Australia - my better (?) half reckons that we poms send a thank you card to say thank you for a thank you card (if you get my drift) but I think it's a lovely gesture that isn't used enough nowadays.  I remember my Mum making me sit at the dining room table and write thank you letters for all my birthday and Christmas presents...it would take me forever!

Anyway, moving on, here's the card I made using the gorgeous Asian Gardens set. Who needs pretty papers when a stamp will do eh?


That pesky bird escapes from his cage every time doesn't he...look where he ended up....



Thanks for popping by, have fun at the party and I'm thankful for any comments left!

Cheers,

Claire x




8 comments:

  1. Claire - this is just so lovely! I love the tiny flowers and the sweet bird!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful design Claire! love your window with the branches and pretty cut out flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire this is fabulous both inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exactly!!
    That's why I have a closet full of patterned papers! ;)
    And what a beautiful card!!
    Love the "window"...
    and the blooms floating down...
    and the escapee!! :)
    Love it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card, Claire!!
    Love the window and those little flowers.
    Love from Holland.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO beautiful, Claire! I just love the blossoms scattered across the page...and the lovely (and sneaky) bird tucked on the inside. Such a wonderful design on this...I think it should be used for a sketch challenge one day :)!! So glad you could join the party this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Claire! This card is so Beautiful!! I love the dimension and the layout is really clever. What a delightful design!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh this is one gorgeous CAS card.....just my style! All your lines are so clean and crisp along with that white background! LOVE!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!