Sunday 26 May 2013

A Right Royal Casology

Hello bloggers,

This week's cue word over at Casology is 'Royal'.  For some reason it didn't summon up pictures of princesses, crowns or princes but it did make me think of a queen. As in a Queen Bee. Since I haven't got a single bee image in my stamp collection I decided to paper piece my own:




I cut a yellow and a black circle and then used my cuttlebug to cut each of them into sections for his body. His head and mouth is an ancient cuttlebug tag die that I've had for years.  I stamped his wings onto acetate using the dragonfly stamp from Stampin' Up's Bugs and Kisses set and then cut them to size.  His antennae are punched from a McGill flower punch and I've added a bit of bling. The sentiment is part of a free digital stamp that can be found here.  He's quite cute isn't he, although I think he'd maybe look better with bigger eyes. When you turn him upside down his eyes go all squiggly and he looks a little drunk. Maybe he's had too much of the amber nectar.....

Well, that's all folks...thanks for stopping by,

Claire x

4 comments:

  1. Of course the Queen Bee and this is just fabulous Claire, love how you grounded your theme with the honeycomb background. Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the expression on your queen bee's face, Claire ... with those fab googley eyes she does look as though she might have been at the squiffy juice! So creative and cute! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - I love how you've managed to put this together! Love your queen's delicate wings and the dimension of the trail. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute, cute, cute, Claire! .... I almost went with a bee on my card... "royal jelly" comes from bees!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!