Saturday 15 June 2013

Seeing Yellow

Good morning folks,

Hope you're having a relaxing weekend. I had a lovely day at the Stitches and Craft Show in Sydney yesterday. Without children! Always a bonus when you can actually look at stuff isn't it?  I came home with some fantastic new dies from Fancy That.   Since new stuff has a habit of kick starting the mojo I used one of them for this week's  Casology challenge. The cue word is 'yellow' and as luck would have it, the card I had in mind fitted perfectly with the sketch over at CAS(e) This Sketch:









Yellow made me think of the setting sun so I sponged a sunset background and added this little strip of die cut birds and a WMS sentiment. Birds always remind me of when I first came to Australia - it was the sound of the birds that made me feel homesick....the dawn chorus in Australia is far more tropical than the UK...lots of squawking from cockatoos and hysterical laughing from the kookaburras. So completely different to what I was used to.

On that chirpy note, enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping!

Claire x

10 comments:

  1. Very pretty. Lovely take on this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the simplicity of your card and the font style of the verbiage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous idea and amazing execution in creating the beautiful sky :) love ur card

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Love the depth of colour in your 'sky'! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you flawlessly combined both challenges and created is stunning card!! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing spongeing, Claire ... and such a brilliant design! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Claire, I love the birds silhouette against that yellow sky. Cool! I never knew that about the birds in Australia...I would miss the sounds of robins and cardinals that I wake up to, for sure! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this card, Claire. Beautiful design. I love those birds, what stamp is it? I love the Australian dawn chorus - we have lorikeets, cockatoos, currawongs, and magpies as our regular chorus at our place. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh My, I just bought this die at the Papercraft Convention in Brisbane last week and I can't wait to use it... now you just made me want to use it even more lol!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! This is just lovely. I love the way you did the sky and you are right, it fits the sketch perfectly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!