Sunday 13 October 2013

A Casology/Simon Says Stamp Inspired 'Craft Don't




Hello folks,

The cue word at Casology this week is 'crisp' and since I really need to get a few Christmas cards done I naturally thought of crisp, new Winter snow.

I've always been a fan of the Joseph's Coat technique which is often done with Autumn inspired leaf prints. I thought I'd try the technique using a Waltzingmouse snowflake stamp and a blue colour palette, with Midnight Muse brayered over the top. Well I have to say it was a complete disaster - the stamp really wasn't solid enough for the technique. Now, normally I screw up my craft disasters in a fit of temper (well I am a redhead...it's genetic) and stick them in the nearest bin, but this time I was inspired by Tammy Tutterow's post over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. She keeps her 'craft don'ts in a bag and finds a use for them at a later date.


So, to cut a long story short...I was inspired to use my own 'craft don't to make a matching tag and card set that fits the Casology challenge:



I feel as though the card is a bit of a cheat since I cut the shape using the Cameo - super easy! I sponged the snowflake in matching ink and added a bit of bling, then used the same snowflake die cut on the tag.

Since the theme over at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge is 'use a rubber or clear stamp' I'm also going to link my post up there!

Thanks for looking,

Claire x

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful - love the colors on your main image and the shaped border! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your die cut image is perfect! I'm new to the Silhouette and find I'm using it more and more for projects just like this! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the title of your post...had me intrigued! I think your "craft don't" became a definite DO in this card and tag combo! So glad you played along at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and coordinated tag. Lovely clean crisp design. I love the blue and white too, perfect for Christmas. Thanks so much for joining in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!