Monday 14 October 2013

Playing with Glitter at Freshly Made Sketches

G'day again,

Just a quickie to show another Christmas card, this time using the sketch from Jennifer T over at Freshly Made Sketches:







I'm not normally a 'glittery' kind of girl - using it reminds me of craft sessions at primary school when I got more glitter over my sticky hands than on the actual project I was making. But I wanted to see what this WMS bauble stamp would be like using sticky embossing powder and fine glitter. It came out ok but I'm not sure how it will go once it's stuffed into an envelope. I suspect when it arrives at its destination, there will be more glitter in the envelope than on the actual card!

I'm also entering it into the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge where the challenge is to use rubber or clear stamps.

Thanks for stopping,

Claire x











9 comments:

  1. This came up a real treat!! Glitter is totally making a comeback hey! Lovely Chrissy card! Love that embossing on the white cardstock! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card Claire and I adore your new look blog....gorgeous all round :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This is stunning Claire! I'm not a glitter girl either, but I totally love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous!!
    Love the colors...
    and that bauble looks fabulous in glitter!
    Will have to remember the next time I get adventurous...
    yeah...
    glitter and I aren't the best of friends either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful glittering! And a beautiful holiday card! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty and sparkly!

    Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty and elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful! crisp diecuts, rich embossing and rich colors, perfectly holiday!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!