Tuesday 5 November 2013

Hexagon Crazy for Colour Q

Hello again bloggers!

The new colours are here for the latest Colour Q challenge and they are a beautiful mix of Autumnal hues with a little pop of blue thrown in:







Hexagons were all over the place a couple of months ago and it occurred to me that I hadn't seen many for a while. So I was determined to use my hexagon die that's been sitting in it's packaging looking rather forlorn. I'm not sure if it's through lack of use, but for some reason it wasn't cutting properly - what was meant to be a reasonably quick card turned into a lengthy process of hand cutting half of the hexagons (with a little bit of bad language thrown in!)

I've had that little Basic Grey fabric flower sat in my stash for ages so I'm glad I've finally found a use for it..don't you just love it when you have the perfectly coloured embellishment to fit the challenge?!

Go and check out the beautiful projects the rest of the design team have come up with - you can't fail to be inspired!

Thanks for stopping by,

Claire x




4 comments:

  1. CUTE CUTE card!!Love the little mix of patterns in your hexagons. I had a die that gave me troubles last week too, SO frustrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is eye-poppingly wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very striking card Claire, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card and you are right I haven't seen hexagons in awhile either, and bought a punch and hexagon stamp set I have never used...thanks for reminding me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!