Tuesday 4 February 2014

Another Hint of Pink! Colour Q #227

Hello blogging folks!

Are you having a good week? My littlest boy started kindergarten yesterday - I was so proud of him. He toddled off into the classroom with not so much as a backwards glance at us...I've never felt so unwanted in my life!

Anyway, time for another colour challenge over at Colour Q. We're sticking to all things pink again this week with this pretty palette:





I've done quite a few pink cards recently and I've managed to avoid making even more Valentines cards. Let's face it, most of us only have one husband/partner so we don't normally need more than one. Having said that, I do send a card to one of my closest friends in the UK called Michael...we've been doing it since we were about 6, when we swore undying love for each other and thought we'd get married.  Luckily his wife and my husband do accept this little tradition of ours...Michael's wife has even been known to write the card for him!

I used a couple of PTI sets for this one - Heart Prints and Grunge Me which has to be one of the most versatile sets around. It looks like I've missed out one of the colours but the Raspberry Ripple (or Memento alternative) is the stamped sentiment. It's just slightly different to the Melon Mambo.

Ok, that's all from me for tonight...happy stamping!

Claire x



5 comments:

  1. I'm in love with this card! This is so "Kay"! haha! Love the images you stamped behind the heart and love all the pink! Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card immediately intrigued me when I saw it at ColourQ, so I had to come right on over to see where that gorgeous background image comes from. Turns out it comes from a set I've got!! What a cool way you've used it. Love everything about this card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love that grunge background. An absolutely brilliant design. I want to put an order in for this set and CASE it right away

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love that card you made for color Q - simply fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am breathless over this stunning Valentine, Claire! I may be one of the only people who makes and sends Valentines to all my friends. I just love them, both Valentines and my friends, lol! But this card, for that inspiration board is so perfect!! Thank you so much for the inspiration!

    And WOW, you should be so proud of yourself and that big little boy you raised to be so independent at such a young age!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!