Thursday 7 August 2014

More Stretching

Hello again bloggers!

So I'm on day 2 of Stretch Your Stamps II and this time I learnt an ombre technique from Laura Sterckx.  Take a look at her blog - she's 16 and has so much talent!  


 






I used dye inks for this one but I suspect it would look better with Distress Inks.  I ended up cutting a panel and using it for this week's Freshly Made Sketch from Jen M.  I embossed the sentiment using pewter emboss powder from SU,  then layered it on a piece of vellum for a softer look.  I partially embossed the bottom layer of card stock instead of using patterned paper - I think the ombre effect is so pretty, I didn't want anything to detract from it.

So that's my 'homework' for today...I can't remember ever enjoying homework!

Thanks for popping by,

Claire x

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Claire! Your background is stunning! Such a pretty color palette!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what wonderful ombre coloring on this Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely technique - I love how it leads the eye to the sentiment and beautiful butterfly. Thank you for playing along at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your ombre panel - it really draws the eye. Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!