Monday 11 May 2015

Another Freshly Made Colour Q

Hello blogging friends!

I sneakily made a card for the latest Freshly Made Sketch and posted it a little earlier than usual - what I didn't mention is that I used the new Colour Q palette:




I had a heap of happy mail arrive from Whimsy Stamps which is always a sure-fire way to get the mojo going isn't it? I haven't done the chalk board technique for a while so I had a play with Chalkboards 2 which just so happened to fit in nicely with the latest sketch:




I turned the sketch upside down, then used a little starburst stamp from Happy Everything to create a background and added a few random sequins for some birthday sparkle. The chalkboard stamp is actually a rubber stamp - I haven't bought a rubber stamp in years and I'd forgotten how they produce such sharp, crisp images.

Hope you get time to get inky this week - thanks for popping by,

Claire x





4 comments:

  1. Fabulous card,Claire!! WOW!! Amazing colors!! I just love your background,great design!! And the chalkboard looks awesome!!
    Thank you so much for joining us at FMS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning! I love the blackboard with the gorgeous splash of color in the background! Thanks for playing along with my sketch at FMS this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...double beautiful! I love them both...Your sweet rocket ship is to die for and your chalkboard birthday card, a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bright, vibrant bursts of colour are fabulous with the chalkboard, Claire ... which is brilliantly done, BTW ... never done one, it's a bit scary! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment - they really make my day!